This gallery shares
The is your haven, where you’re supposed to feel most secure, comfortable, and free. Many homeowners focus on the bed’s comfort through thick mattresses and soft .
It doesn’t mean you can’t focus on the aesthetics and just let your room be bare. You can always add elements to your room that can spruce it up.
If you’re a romantic and want to add this part of your character into your canopy by your . You can even feel like a king or queen when lying down on your (which is what you are in your !) , one of the quickest and simplest ways to do it is to add a
What Is A Bed With A Canopy Ceiling?
The best way to add some vibrance and romance to your bedroom style is to hang a lightweight and pretty canopy on top of your . And this is not a new thing since canopies date way back to Medieval times, providing privacy to the intimate spaces of European nobles since then. Its addition to your can make you feel like royalty.
canopies are a popular accessory that offers a serene ambiance and can spruce up your into a sleep sanctuary. This is not to be confused, though, with canopy beds.
A canopy or veil is an accessory you hang above the bed a canopy is a piece of , that features a tall frame where the be hung.
If you plan to install a canopy, there are different ways to do it. The installation will depend on how you want the drapery to look, and if you have a bracket, you can use it to hang it. You can use a rod or rails to help you with its installation.
anopies offer several advantages once you choose to use them, including the following:
• Can be made from different of fabrics – You can choose the fabric to use for your drapery depending on your preference. The most popular fabrics for canopies, though, are lightweight and sheer ones.
• Features elegant and serene aesthetics – This accessory does not swallow your whole but actually can make it stand out. The drapery features a theatrical look for the and can deliver contemporary or transitional aesthetics to your home.
• Ideal for different of people – While canopies started with European nobles, they have become associated with nurseries, couples, and girls of all ages. For couples, it adds a romantic feel to it and for girls, it creates a princess feel to the .
• Comes in different styles and designs – bed types.anopies have different designs and styles you can choose from, and you can match them with the theme of your and
Bed Canopy From Ceiling Designs
canopies that hang from the can also have different designs. You can’t just hang it on a rod, drape it over your , and call it over. There are many designs to choose from and for sure, you’ll be able to find the ideal style to match your .
Some of the most popular canopy from designs:
• Rectangular Canopy – Also popular as a four-poster veil, this type usually has a wooden frame and beam, making it possible to form a rectangular shape at the top. With its structure, it is durable but can be costly.
• Wall or Frameless canopy – A single hook is enough to hang this . The materials are attached to the wall and draped over the corners. This typeis considered one of the best and most popular options because it is affordable and easy to install.
• Crown canopy – Known as half canopies, this type covers the upper parts of the bed from the headboard area up to the middle part of the . These crown canopies are semi-enclosed and ideal for children.
• Dome canopy – While frameless, this style is draped over the entirety of the like rectangular canopies. It can easily be installed by hanging it on the hook on the . They are also affordable and come in a round form that creates a dome shape.
Besides these of canopies, there are also some canopies based on other factors like the type of and other accessories that come with it. Here are other designs to check out.
Canopy Bed On Low Ceiling
Low ceilings won’t stop you from having a canopy on your . You need to make sure that you’re using the right length of the fabric so that it won’t drag down the floor and get dirty in the process.
There are also specifically designed canopies for a low , so you can first look for them in the market. And just like any , you can customize how it looks. You can choose a fabric with creative designs or popping colors to create the dramatic effect you want your to have.
If you’re going for a canopy and you have a low- , it might not be easy since it usually has a frame to accommodate the drapery. So, it’s better to choose a free-flowing fabric for low-ceiling bedrooms.
Bed With Canopy On A High Ceiling
canopies look wonderful on a high , draped from the top and elegantly flowing from above. You can even go for a canopy with a four-poster frame since this type needs to be in a room at least 8 to 9 feet tall.
However tall the , make sure that the fabric won’t hit or touch the elements there, whether the light fixture or fan. The good thing about installing a canopy in a with a high is that you can choose the canopy you want to match your room’s style.
Bed With Mirrored Ceiling And Canopy
Canopies are elements of the past and can be traced back to the nobility in Medieval times. The accessory screams rustic and vintage, and antique mirrors will add to this vibe.
If you have a mirrored bedroom ceiling, though, this will be an entirely different matter. Installation of the canopy over the may be a bit difficult if you plan to use a hook to hang the accessory. Ropes might be a good option, and you will need to be creative in hanging the fabric without ruining the effect you want your mirrored to have.
Bed With Curtain Canopy And Ceiling Fan
One of the issues you will encounter when installing canopies is ensuring that elements mounted above won’t be hindered in the process. Installing a canopy can be tricky if you have a fan mounted there.
But you can make it so that it’s safe for the ceiling fan to operate and for the drapery to remain aesthetically pleasing. Here are some hanging tips to follow:
Choose a half-canopy
For a room with a fan, a half-canopy like a crown canopy is the better option. This will free up enough space for the fan to operate safely. You can easily the top half or third of the , so in this case, it will be possible for the fan to be installed at the center of the room without the danger of the fabric entangling with the fan.
Choose a hollow canopy
Another option is a hollow canopy to free up the center to install the fan. A hollow style is open at the top, where you can fit the fan in.
The best thing about this option is enjoying the fan even when inside the covered area. But you have to make sure that the hollowed space is big enough to accommodate the fan and safely operate.
Strategic placement of the fan on the
One way for the canopy to be installed, even with a fan, is to separate the two elements on the different ends of the room. This might seem like a forced solution since you won’t be able to enjoy the fan fully, and installing it off-center might look awkward. If you don’t have any problem with those issues, though, this solution can work.
Ceiling Mounts For Bed Canopies
When installing drapery above, you will need a mount allowing the accessory to drape over the from the top to the floor. It will also depend on the type of canopy you choose to install.
A dome canopy is perfect to be installed at the dead center of the and the . If the design has a round frame, a sturdy hook is enough to be installed in the .
Other mount tools you can use are rails, rods, and wire ropes. You can match your chosen canopy with the mounting tool to showcase the drape effect you’re going for.
Here are the popular ceiling mounts to use for overhead drapery:
|Single hook to hang canopy fabric
|Ceiling-mounted track to slide the drapery fabric
|Fixed arms from which fabric is draped
|Suspended ring for draping fabric
|Track that is recessed or set into the ceiling
|Four-Poster Frame Mounts
|Aligned with the bedposts and attached to the ceiling
|Tension Wire System
|Discreet wires for a low-key support structure
|Frame hanging above to hold the canopy
|Semi-circular mount to drape fabric at the bed’s head
|Fabric panels hung for a modern style
|Mount that hangs from a chandelier fixture
|Adjustable Rail System
|Movable track for flexible curtain positioning
How To Hang A Canopy From The Ceiling
Hanging a canopy from overhead will highly depend on several factors. But you can always start with the basics. To help you effectively install your , here are the steps to take:
1. Choose the canopy
There are many of canopies, from the fabric and materials used to the colors you prefer. There is also a variety of styles and designs to choose from. Some options to consider are the following.
• One-spot hoop canopy
• Four-spots canopy
• Mosquito net drapery
• Dome canopy netting
2. Choose the mounting accessory to use
The next step after choosing a canopy style is to match it with a mounting accessory. The accessory will be highly dependent on the type of design you choose.
A one-spot hoop style can be used together with a hook. For other , you can go for one of the following:
• Wire ropes
3. Pick the placement of your canopy and attach the accessory
Choose where you want to install your canopy and carefully attach the mounting accessory to the bedroom layout planning here.. The best placement is at the center of the room and the , but you always have the freedom to choose wherever you want to install your drapery. Read more about
4. Attach the canopy
One by one, attach the fabric loops to the mounting accessory you’ve chosen (If you will be using more than one hook or ring). Make sure that it’s even from all sides so that it won’t look awkward and imbalanced.
5. Customize the veil however you want
Add embellishments and flair to your canopy, from fairy lights and pinned butterflies. Integrate your personality into it and add your personal touch. You can only be limited by your imagination and available materials.
Ceiling Mounted Bed Drapery Tips
Here are several simple tips you can note when dealing with a hanging overhead drapery.
• Choose a fabric that will fit the style you’re going for (traditional and vintage looks can be achieved by velvet and silk canopy, but if you’re going for a romantic and dreamy look, lightweight mesh or linen is better.)
• You can also choose a fabric depending on the climate in your location (go for heavier fabric like satin or bamboo to keep the warmth in your room during winter nights.)
• Use a canopy post or frame for high-quality materials like satin.
• Choose a highly flexible fabric material that can be adjusted whenever you want or need to.
• Consider your budget when choosing a canopy since it can set you back as much as $300 if you choose a high-quality fabric.
If you enjoyed this article and want more, you may want to check out our guide to Parisian style bedroom ideas.