Here we cover what color curtains for green walls, including the best shades for dark, light, mint, seafoam, lime, sage, and green rooms with brown furniture.
Green is a universal color that you can see wherever you look. It’s the color of nature and all things good and refreshing. Is it a good color for your walls, though?
Usually, there’s no problem with green walls. The real challenge lies in what color of curtains will pair nicely with your green painted walls.
There are different shades of green and many colors you can pair with. It can be difficult to figure out which colors look great with the shade of green you’ve chosen for your walls.
If you chose olive green for your walls, you could pair it with pale olive curtains! Yes, olive on olive works as long as they’re in different shades. With bright green walls, you may want more neutral-colored curtains like cream and light tan.
These colors can balance out the flashy personality of bright green walls. But this is just the start. It can be overwhelming, with many shades and hues of green to use.
To help you just a little bit, here are some options for curtain colors and their corresponding green shades and hues.
Quicklist: Curtain Colors That Match Well with Green Walls
- Dark Green
- Light Green
- Mint Green
- Pale Blue
- Royal Blue
- Ruby Red
- Soft Gray
What Color Curtains Go With Dark Green Walls
Dark green colors have this cooling effect when used on walls. Here are some colors you can consider if you have dark green walls.
• Light Green: creates a tone-on-tone concept. Light green curtains on dark green walls will make it clear that green is the theme of the room without making it bland and unicolored. Green tone-on-tone creates a beautiful ambiance you can try.
• Contrasting Colors: choosing contrasting colors always works for styling and designing. In the case of green, its contrast colors are orange, violet, and red. These colors are great with cool green walls.
One good example is a ruby red velvet curtain. Since red is complementary to green, the combination creates a good harmony. Your dark green walls will look elegant with ruby-red velvet curtains.
• Pale Blue: this is another good consideration to match your dark green walls. Just make sure you choose a soft tone like pale blue or sky blue to match your cool dark green walls.
Curtains for Light Green Walls
For light green walls, choose a curtain color that will depend on what specific shade of light green you use. These shades can range from mint to sage, giving your walls a refreshing look.
Light green shades normally have blue undertones, so you can match them with the right color curtains even if you don’t know the specific green shade you’re using.
Here are some colors you can consider:
• Orange: if you want a bold color combination
• Gray: to add warmth to your room
• Natural linen white: brightens the room and will make the room lighter and airier. White curtains will look eye-catching and elegant if your walls are pistachio green.
• Royal Blue/Turquoise: works great in making a room look bigger and more spacious
• Violet: can transform your green-walled room into a modern look
“Warm colours make things look closer and cosier, while cool colours give a more spacious feel.” – Wendy Baker, Easy to Make! Curtains & Blinds Expert Advice, Techniques and Tips for Sewers
If you need more colors of curtains to pair up with a specific green shade, here is a guide you can follow.
What Color Curtains Go with Mint Green Walls
Mint green is a light green hue that’s refreshing to look at. Pretty and subtle, mint green can be a good color for your walls.
And you can pair it with a wide selection of colors for your different types of curtains. Some of these colors are:
• Mint green: you can go all out mint green for both walls and curtains, or you can choose white and mint green, plain or patterned, curtains to match your mint green walls
• White/ivory: elegant ivory curtains perfectly match mint green walls and can transform your room into sophistication like no other
• Black: if you’re up for something bold and dark, this is another color to consider for your curtains
• Brown/Tan/Beige: neutral colors work wonderfully with mint green walls, especially if you prefer something light that can bring out the green color you chose
What Color Curtains Go with Seafoam Green Walls
Seafoam green is another light green shade that is calming and soothing. Using it for your walls will have a brightening effect, especially in a dark kitchen.
This is why choosing the color for your curtains should complement the effect of the color of your walls. If you want to warm it up, yellow curtains will bring sunshine to your room.
Neutral colors like grey and beige can create harmony with seafoam green, which are some of the colors for your curtains you can choose if that’s what you’re going for.
You can also bring something bold to your calming seafoam green walls; metallic colors like bronze, silver, and gold can bring glamor to your room. If you’re not into metallic colors, pink and red are great options for bold colors.
What Color Curtains Go with Lime Green Walls
With lime green walls, you may want to match them with curtains that have colors capable of softening this warm color. Lime green ranges from olive to yellowish-green.
And you need to pair the color of your curtains with what specific lime green shade you chose for your walls.
If you don’t want to go to all that trouble, you can also choose to go for tone-on-tone for lime green. Just make sure to choose your furniture and accessories meticulously.
What Color Curtains Go With Sage Green Walls
Sage green is another shade of green you can use for your walls, and it will be a beautiful sight to behold!
This light green shade can also be matched with many colors, and choosing the one that perfectly fits your personality is up to you. Some of these colors include:
• Clean Crisp Linen White: safest option but offers a chick minimalist vibe
• Neutral Colors (Beige/Oatmeal): evens out the cool sage green walls with additional warmth
• Blush/Peach/Soft Pastel Pink: showcases a feminine yet chic look when paired with sage green
• Soft Grey: complements sage green walls and allows the color to shine
• Mustard Yellow: adds a bold factor in the room when paired with the sage green walls
• Teal/Emerald or Hunter Green: tone-on-tone always works
• Black: perfect if you like to keep it dim and dark
And these are just some of the colors of your curtains you can match light green shade walls with.
What Color Curtains With Green Walls and Brown Furniture
There are also specific colors you can use for your curtains if you have green walls and brown pieces of furniture.
Green has more shades compared to other colors. It is known to increase efficiency, making it an ideal color for home office walls. [Source: Dunn Edwards]
Green and brown are also colors of nature; if you’re going for that ambiance and style, it will be easier to match a color for your curtains. Here are some of the colors you can consider:
• Purple: light purple looks good with green and brown, giving the room a calmer and more relaxing ambiance and, at the same time, giving the room personality and texture
• Green and White (Patterned): tone-on-tone is a good consideration, but if you want something different, you can choose patterned green and white curtains.
• Soft Brown: choose a brown shade lighter than the color of your pieces of furniture. It will create cohesion with your furniture and, at the same time, complement your green walls. See more related content in our article about the colors that go with green on this page.